Wednesday, August 18, 2010

bats.


There was this one night in Australia that Hannah and I were hanging out with this guy...don't remember where he was from. I don't even remember his name but he was pretty awesome. I shared my alcohol with him. I never share my alcohol. Anyways...we were camping at Mission Beach and that was the night that we cracked open a coconut for the first time. So anyways we spent a lot of the night sitting around and talking. There was cane toads everywhere. It was disgusting. I sat with my feet off the ground the entire time and was terrified everytime I walked anywhere. We also saw a massive bat. I think that it was the first bat that we saw there besides the little ones in Dampier. This bat was massive, it was unreal. A few days later we were sitting around playing cards in Hervey Bay and we looked up to the sky and there was bats EVERYWHERE. There was thousands. It was one of the coolest things that I have ever seen. Anyways, this photo just reminded me of that night, so I thought I would share the little story.

No comments: