Tuesday, June 22, 2010

a sockhop beneath my bed.


I seriously miss these times. Man, we had some awesome parties. Granted the party where jerry the can came along was not one of ours we still had a good time. I think we danced all freaken night at this party because Will was DJing...I think this is the night we excelled in the chicken herder. Also the night where Bart got lost at AJ's only to be found like 6 months later still filled with whatever awful combination we had made that night. This was the same year we had our pirate party for Strath's birthday and I bashed my head in. I'm pretty sure she still has the hospital wristband. Speaking of hospital, last night at work the guy that drove me to the hospital that night came in and reminded me of how much fun the four of us had while we waited...for 6 hours. He said I forever owed him free coffee. That's alright, I think I can handle that. We also had our formal party that year for ashley's birthday. We bought some sweet drinking glasses that night in our drunken "let's get more alcohol" run and hung out mainly on the kitchen floor if my memory serves me correctly. I miss that red kitchen. We had my unthemed birthday party. I think it was pretty uneventful besides the drama that my two best lady friends caused. We have this running thing apparently where there is always drama on my birthday. That was my 21st...and they both had some serious boy drama which I did an emaculate job of smoothing out. I dont' remember what happened on my 20th, I don't even remember what I did. On my 19th my boyfriend at the time and I had a massive fight and pretty sure we broke up. This year when I turned 22 I had no drama. Pretty sure that was just cause I wasn't in Canada.


I also really miss our cabin. It was tiny and there was too many of us but we had some pretty sweet times in that cabin. Like locking all the keys inside and having to rip the screen out and strath crawling in to let us in. I'm so excited to go up to the lake today. It's going to be so so good to see those girls, and spend more than a couple hours with them.

Everytime I hear Kings of Leon it's going to make me think of the bistro in Dampier...for the rest of my life. Although that place holds some pretty good memories. Australia Day I was scheduled to work in the bistro (which I was stoked for because that meant getting off early and joining everyone in the bar after). Anyways, so after spending the entire morning in housekeeping drinking we got all our aussie gear on and made our way to the bar where we continued on drinking. Then I had this brilliant idea to convince Terri to come work in the restaurant with me (she was way way way drunker than I was) because I didn't want to work with the girl that was scheduled. That was the most amusing shift ever. I don't remember much of it but I do remember her having a good 20 minute conversation with someone that wanted to order about garlic bread and whether or not he wanted to get some.




The last photo is a pretty good representation of everyone's state that day. It was a gong show but so much fun. Holy, can you tell I'm missing Oz today...even Dampier. Good times good times.

Alright I shall wrap up this walk down memory lane. I have to leave for the lake.

XOXO

No comments: