Saturday, November 28, 2009

So I had this whole long post written about being in bad moods and then I decided not to post it because really who wants to read about someone being in a bad mood.

Something happened last night and it was absolutely terrifying. I woke up at 4:30 in the morning to a blood curdling scream. I thought that this only happened in movies. It was a guy screaming which I also rarely hear. Anyways, after the screaming there was a lot of banging but not too much yelling or talking. I lay awake for a long time thinking about what might have happened and my mind went to some pretty scary places. It's amazing what one can think of when they're scared. This morning I woke up and didn't really remember/really hoped it was a dream and went out to the bathroom and there was police tape blocking off the elevators and the hall in front of the elevators which is right outside my room. I went to the bathroom, then came back and asked Hannah if she woke up last night and what she thought. Then we went out of the room to check out the situation and saw a paper in front of the elevators. When we read it, it said "victim stabbed here". The victim was stabbed right outside of our bedroom door. This is absolutely terrifying. I won't get into any more details than that because I don't know much more than that but we're safe...and that's the most important part. Although I must admit being in Perth is the first time I haven't felt totally safe and it's only because of that. Just yesterday walking around in the evening I didn't feel safe and I never worry that much about walking. Also that's a ridiculous sentence to read back to myself.





There's a few photos from yesterday the beach. The first one is a view from the restaurant where we had lunch, also when Dariane called me. It's hard to imagine it's snowing where she is and over 30 where we are.



That photo is just to show you how brutal my tan lines are...my stomach matches the sand. I should work on that.

No comments: