Wednesday, December 17, 2008

drink up drink up, go on and empty your cup

I went to Souris last weekend. It was awesome to see Cassie and Evan, and they're place and the adorable baby room...although Katie got slightly freaked out thinking that a baby was actually going to be living there in a very short while.

These are my beautiful hosts. Who did a fantastic job and it was really nice to hang out and just chill. Cassie and I made a gingerbread house the first night I was there. I think I ate way more icing than I should have but it was so delicious. We still managed to assemble the most beautiful gingerbread house I have ever seen.

Ya you are jealous aren't you, It was immaculate.
The next day we did true small town things...it was amazing. Like driving to the grocery store to get our delicious baking supplies cause that's what we were going to do all afternoon because we had a little potluck to attend later on. ( I am not sure why I classify this as small town because I do that all the time and I live in the city. After we got a few groceries we headed to the swinging bridge. We made it half way across before we were pretty much freezing cold because the wind was cutting us like a thousand..i dont' know something painful.

That's what i was imagining it looking like...unfortunately imagine no beautiful leaves, lots and lots of snow and no water...just ice...hard cold ice.
Once we got back to the warmth of Cassie and Evan's place, I met Evans pa...who then took us all to chicken chef which is perfect when it's in a small town. Absolutely perfect. Best gravy ever..mmm.
Then we got home and got to our baking. We made cupcakes, peanut butter marshmallow chocolate squares, and chocolate covered cherries. We were pretty much a hit, people gobbled them right up. ( i can't believe I just used the word gobble, Katie would beat me with a stick for that)


So...all in all it was a really good weekend. I had a really good time and it was so very nice to se e Cassie and they were awesome to stay with.

They dropped me off Sunday at Dariane's. It was so awesome to see her and we went shopping and then we went for dinner. It was good, although when Dariane and I get together some people can take our sarcasm way differently then what we mean and I think the waitress may have done that a little bit. I had a steak, which I never get at restaurants because I just am not a huge fan of steak but I also know that restaurants make amazing steaks sometimes and this was very good...minus the artery in it...really grossed me out. didn't eat much after that.
Okay, now with my spare time, I will be around more.

1 comment:

goooooood girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.