Thursday, March 19, 2009

this man has my heart

I recently rediscovered my mad love for Xavier Rudd. He will be at folk fest and I"m going to have to miss it. I will lay on the grass every day and listen to it at the lake instead. He is absolutely amazing.

I was sitting today listening to Xavier and making my blanket for Sam and was thinking just about how I don't take the time to enjoy the little things in life. I like to think I do, but I could do a much better job of it. Take a walk instead of bogging my mind down with the need to clean up something. I don't want to be the kind of person that's always worrying about stuff being messy or stuff being out of order. I don't want to be a big slob either though. I'll find a happy medium.

I am eagerly awaiting the days where we will be at the lake. And won't have to worry about all the little minor things. We will be away from the drama and just be wherever we want to be in that moment. Near the beach, hiking, laying on the grass. It's something I can't wait to do. Get out of the city and reconnect with my home. Reconnect with the things that matter and eliminate those that don't. I think it'll be good. I hope it will be good.

I'll write more later. I'm going to work on Sam's blanket and enjoy the last few rays of sunlight before it's gone.

Happy last day of winter!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so inspiring Mandy.
I love you so much.
If you live by what you say here, you will love your life.
I wish that for you.
Dariane