Monday, May 28, 2012

Week 1 Day 1

Alright, I'm not 100% sure I'm going to continue with posting this but I'm going to give it a go.  Matt and I are starting this 6 week diet thing today that leads into a complete lifestyle change.  We'll see how that works.  Amber and I are starting a 30 Day Ripped in 30 challenge.

We'll start with eating.  This diet isn't extreme in any way.  It's completely do able it's just a lot of prep work.  Yesterday we portioned out tons of berries, I made some turkey meatballs and we portioned out chicken breasts and turkey slices as well.  So this is what I'll be eating today.  For breakfast I had 2 eggs whites and 1/2 cup of berries...this morning I had strawberries and blackberries.  Mid morning snack I'll be having 2 oz turkey slices and 1/2 cup of berries again.  Lunch I'm having a salad, 2 oz of chicken and 1/2 cup of rice.  Mid afternoon snack I'm having some more turkey (2oz) and a banana.  And then for dinner I think we'll do some sort of fish with sweet potatoes and some veggies.  Again, I'll only have 2 oz of protein and I'm not sure about the carb of veggie measurements. Then we'll have more berries for a snack before bed.  This seems like a lot of food but we'll see if I get hungry at all throughout the day.  So far at 9:46 am I'm doing pretty good.  Oh, you also gotta drink 100 oz of water.  I'm not sure about how i'll manage this but I'll give it my best shot.

The workout was good.  I had to wake up a bit earlier this morning and take Buddy for his usual 40 minute walk and then have enough time to do the workout before work.  So I did a 40 minute walk with Buddy and then the first day of the ripped in 30 dvd.  I had to take a couple of short 30 second breaks and at the end I did feel like I was going to throw up but I guess that's kind of a good feeling.  This way you know you're working your ass off.

I'm going to take measurements tonight along with some before pictures.  Don't think those will be getting posted on here as well all know what I look like, don't need to know what I look like with minimal clothing on. Anyways, I'm pretty pumped to be doing this and I really hope that I succeed!

No comments: