Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A heart of stone, A smoking gun

It's rainy and dreary today. I absolutely love these kind of days, every now and then I think that they are pretty damn essential. I really think that they are great when you want to have a perfect excuse to just stay indoors and hang out. I am going to try and convince Dariane to do a puzzle today. It feels like a puzzly kind of day, and then I can take it to the lake and do it there when there's a rainy day. Which unfortunately happens a lot more than it does not especially in May and June.

This week we went to a women's shelter to volunteer with my sister. She helps them do the after school program and it was amazing. To see these kids and to know the types of households that they come from just breaks my heart. I know now, that that is what I want to do. I want to work in a shelter of some sort and I want to do counselling.

Last night someone told me that they thought the lake was still completely iced over! I hope so much that it's not because that's really going to suck if it is. This person that told me lives in Winnipeg though so I'm not totally sure that he is right. I will find out soon enough I guess. Only one more night sleeping on the couch. I can't wait to sleep in a bed again. There's just so much I have to do before I get there. So much to pick up. It's only now that I am really regretting throwing away so much of our food to make packing easier.

I had a really really strange dream last night. I've been having a ton of strange dreams lately and I don't know how to feel about it. I was biking down a hill on the right hand side of the road and there was a lot of traffic and then suddenly I was on the left side underneath a bridge and in so much pain and lying face down but not really remembering how I got there. Then I looked up and a friend of mine was there along with another person. I knew this person but when I woke up I couldn't remember who the second person was. I couldn't really move a lot and my friend insisted on calling an ambulance. I didn't really think that this was necessary because I thought I would magically heal and also I really really didn't want all the added attention. However, he called the ambulance they came and took him and I to the hospital. It was really strange though. Very futuristic and I don't remember a whole of doctors. Anyways the point of this was when I woke up I couldn't walk on my ankle and now 3 hours later it's still really really sore. I can kind of walk on it though. How would I hurt my ankle while sleeping?? It's so strange. That was a long explanation of a dream.

Maybe I'll do some point form because my run on sentences and grammar is really sucking today.

- I miss ashley a lot who is living her life and times in van for the next little while but I"ll get to see her on the 14th or something like that and then spend the next glorious 3 and half months living with her.

- I miss Carly who is far away in NB working for the summer. I also want to go see her this summer. Hopefully I'll get some time off work and fly out there, i think the drive is a little bit far.

- I miss vosters who I love to death and has an incredibly infectious laugh and is one of the most amazing people I have had the pleasure of knowing.

- I miss Amanda and her desire to just love life and relax. She deserves nothing but the best in life and is another amazing person who I am lucky to know and love. When you come visit we are going to have some really amazing times. I can't wait to see you and give you a giant hug.

- I am bummed being out of the city, but stoked for the upcoming months.

- I can't wait to sleep on a bed. This couch sucks.

- I just found out that the cabin is unlocked right now but my landlord took the only set of keys home with her accidentally, and is unsure of when I will see her again. I guess it's a good thing that there is pretty much no one up there right now.

- I have started to write a list of groceries that I need and it seems impossibly long. I also learned how to make my own hummus so I am excited to do that and save some money instead of buying it already made.

- I am planning out a running/cycling/swimming routine for the summer and am going to get in shape. Yah!!! I can't wait.

- Bullet points are fun I should use them more often. And put more pictures on here but right now I don't have any. Maybe I will document my grocery shopping experience and my laundry doing experience as those are the two next things on my list to complete. I highly doubt it though. I took a video of charlie playing with the fish, maybe I'll figure out how to put that on here.

1 comment:

manda said...

yay - a giant hug!!! i'm going to visit vosters tomorrow at work and score me some free coffees and hang out for a bit. i'm totaly lame, but i'm really missing some of the regulars....

i miss you. thanks for the kind words in this blog
amanda
xox