Thursday, April 2, 2009

You black and white needs a little bit of red!

2 for 2 so far. Go me!
Yesterday I went to future shop to return the mp3 player that I bought, the one that he told me would work with a mac but then definitely said ON THE BOX that you needed windows to make that thing work. I sure haven't seen to many mac's with windows that's for sure. When I was there, I was talking to the girl doing the return for me, just joking around with her about the st. james store, (where I bought it from, I returned it to the store on pembina) and things like that. I like conversations with random people, people at the grocery store, people you buy your coffee from (or in my case tea), people you see walking down the street. I just think that every now and then it's important and it's something I want to try and do more of. Yesterday I was walking home from work wearing my mukluks (my feet were soaked) and this guy said to me, "aren't your feet going to get wet and cold" and then I don't remember exactly what I said back to him but then we stopped and chatted for 5 minutes or so and it was great. Great to just stop and talk to someone who's life is not connected to yours in any way and for just a short time can connect and then disconnect just as fast. I think the world might be a little bit better if people stopped to just talk to each other, engage in some healthy conversation.

Okay, off on a little tangent there. The point of me saying that I returned my mp3 player is to mention that I finally caved and bought myself an ipod. I lasted way longer than I ever thought I would and that I had completely avoided it when i bought that mp3 player, but low and behold that's not what turned out happening. I didn't buy anything from future shop though. I went home and checked out the apple site and wound up ordering a lovely 4gb nano that's a lovely purple color. I can't wait to get it.



There's a photo of D and I from the summer. It's pretty, I'm a fan of it, mainly because check out that tan. It's pretty stellar I must say so myself. And also because we of course look lovely in it. And because I miss her and love her and I can't wait until I see her next. Also she passed her POPAT, which is some fancy, you have to be really strong, police officers test and I am incredibly proud of her!

I've slowly started to get her grad gift ready. It always takes a little more energy and time than I have but I love giving presents, especially ones that mean something and the gifts that I have her this year for christmas and her birthday seriously lacked in originality and meaning. Her gift for high school grad took a lot out of me. It's a good one and I am happy to have so many memories with her.

Other news since my last post...
hmm..
there's really nothing, I watched Twilight last night while I was nursing my sickness and trying to get better. It was good, but the movie is never as good as the book and I loved the book. I didn't appreciate the washed out strange coloring that it was done in either, maybe they were trying to be artistic.
Tressa is bringing me the last book in the twilight series. I think i'll be sad when it's done. It was good, I love getting really into a series that's not very long. I like it when they end, and I don't have to continuously wait for the next book to come out. I feel lucky to be able to read them all in order, as slow or as fast as I want.
I think I have a slight addiction to tea. Even though the majority of the time I have decaf tea anyways it's just nice to have a nice warm cup of something in the morning. This morning I didn't have time to make it so I figured I would just go a day without it. Big mistake, when I got here I went to starbucks right away and spent money to get myself some. Bad move, bad move. It's helping my cold.
Okay, back to work I go but this is awesome. I feel positive about this blogging thing. It's nice to ramble on and on. Let me know if it's a little too rambly?

1 comment:

Dariane said...

Oh no, it's good.
I like reading you ramble haha